Natu Natu, the super successful song from the Indian film RRR, has received the coveted Golden Globe award for Best Original Song.
- MM Keeravani is the composer of the history-making music for filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s blockbuster film.
- Kaala Bhairava and Rahul Sipligunj are the vocalists.
- “Naatu Naatu,” a dance routine featuring Jr NTR and Ram Charan, has become something of an anthem for Rajamouli fans. It made waves with its intricate dance and musical narrative.
- Naatu Naatu, a four-and-a-half-minute stomper of a song, features Charan and Jr NTR, and has had thousands grooving to its beat. Their energetic moves have inspired viral trends on social media in India and globally.
- The song was shot in front of the Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky’s official residence Mariinskyi Palace in Ukraine – a gorgeous sea-blue structure of baroque architecture – months before the war began in 2021.
- Written and directed by SS Rajamouli, RRR, which stands for Rise, Roar, Revolt, is a historical fantasy that tells the rollicking story of two revolutionaries who fight against British rule in India – superstars Ram Charan and Jr NTR play the lead roles.
- One of India’s most expensive films, the dazzling action epic has been a huge box-office success – not just domestically but also in countries such as the US.
- A Hindi-language version of the film on Netflix was among the platform’s Top 10 most watched titles in the US for weeks when it released in May 2022. In December, BBC Culture film critics Nicholas Barber and Caryn James chose it as one of the 20 best films of the year, calling it a “crazily over-the-top action movie” with a powerful story.
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)
January 18, 2023