Born: 3 January 1981
- He is a playback singer from Mumbai, India, born in a Tamil speaking family from Mumbai.
- He speaks fluent Tamil, Hindi, and Marathi while he understands Malayalam.
- He has rendered film songs in several Indian languages and has several chart hits to his credit.
- His rendition of “Roobaroo” from the movie Rang De Basanti composed by A. R. Rahman topped the music charts for many weeks in 2006 and won him the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
- He also won the Filmfare award in the R.D. Burman Musical Talent category.
- He is one of the few playback singers to have won both a Filmfare Award and a National Award in his professional debut singing year.
- He was spotted by composer A. R. Rahman in a reality talent show, Channel V’s Super Singer.
- Though he did not win the show, Naresh was later contacted by A. R. Rahman and made his debut with the song “Mayilirage” from Anbe Aaruyire.
- He has also sung for other composers in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, and Malayalam.
- He is also the vocalist of a Mumbai based fusion band called Dhvani.
- He also won the R.D. Burman Award as the best male upcoming singer.
- The same year he also won the National Award for Best Playback Singer(Male) for his rendition of “Rubaroo” from the movie “Rang De Basanti”.
Click here for more details
(Visited 133 times, 1 visits today)
January 3, 2020