Born: 9 April 1988
- She is an Indian track and field athlete from Kerala who specialises in long jump and triple jump.
- She holds the current Indian National record for triple jump with a mark of 14.11 m (46 ft 3 1⁄2 in).
- She is the first Indian woman to cross the fourteen-metre mark.
- At the Daegu 2011 World Championships in Athletics she qualified for the finals in the women’s long jump event, thereby becoming only the third Indian ever to qualify for the final of an individual event in World Championships in Athletics.
- She finished 9th with a best jump of 6.37 meters, far behind her qualifying round performance where she recorded 6.53 meters.
- In the 2012 Asian games, held at Hangzhou, China, she tried for olympic games qualification jump, but had to settle in with 6.44m.
- She needed another 0.21m to jump in the Olympics.
- On 22 July 2012, she triple jumped 13.91m to win the top place in a low-level meet in Dillingen, Germany.
- She competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the triple jump.
- She competed at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in the long jump.
click here for more details
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
April 9, 2020