Born: 11 November 1936
- She is a former Indian actress who has worked in Hindi, Bengali and Nepali films.
- Recognized for her talent and beauty, she went on to become a top leading actress in Hindi Cinema in the 1950s, 1960s and early 1970s.
- She has starred in over a hundred film productions: popular ones include Pyaasa (1957), Anpadh (1962), Dil Tera Deewana (1962), Gumrah (1963), Bahurani (1963), Gehra Daag, Apne Huye Paraye, Jahan Ara, Himalay Ki God Mein (1965), Nai Roshni, Ankhen (1968), Maryada (1971) and Babu.
- She was constantly paired in roles opposite Uttam Kumar, Dev Anand, Dharmendra, Raaj Kumar, Rajendra Kumar, Biswajit, Kishore Kumar, Manoj Kumar and Rajesh Khanna.
- She was the highest-paid actress from 1958–65 with Vyjanthimala, and second with Vyjanthimala from 1966–67, and then shared the second spot with Sharmila Tagore from 1968–1971, and the third position with Sadhana and Nanda in 1972-73.
- After acting in a couple of films in Calcutta, Mala Sinha went to Bombay for a Bengali film.
- There she met Geeta Bali, a noted Bollywood actress, who was charmed by her and introduced her to director Kidar Sharma. Sharma cast her as a heroine in his Rangeen Ratein.
Click here for more details
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)
November 11, 2019