Major Shaitan Singh
Born:1 December 1924
Died:18 November 1962
- He was an Indian Army officer and recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military decoration.
- He was born in Rajasthan. On completing his graduation, Singh joined the Jodhpur State Forces.
- He was transferred to the Kumaon Regiment after the princely state of Jodhpur was merged into India.
- He took part in operations in the Naga Hills and also in the 1961 Indian annexation of Goa.
- In 1980s, the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI), a Government of India enterprise under the aegis of the Ministry of Shipping, named fifteen of its crude oil tankers in honour of the PVC recipients.
- The tanker MT Major Shaitan Singh, PVC was delivered to SCI in 1985, and served for 25 years before being phased out.
click here for details
(Visited 158 times, 1 visits today)
December 1, 2018