Major General Ian Cardozo
Born: 7 August 1937
- He is a former Indian Army officer.
- He was the first war-disabled officer of the Indian Army to command a battalion and a brigade.
- He is an amputee due to a war injury.
- He has also served with 4/ 5 Gorkha Rifles and has fought 2 wars alongside them-Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 and the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
- He is the first NDA cadet to receive both Gold and Silver The gold medal is given to the cadet of the passing out course for best all-round performance.
- The silver medal is given to the cadet who is first in order of merit.
- For the first time in the history of the National Defence Academy, the cadet who was awarded the gold medal was also first in order of merit.
- He served as the Chairman of the Rehabilitation Council of India from 2005 to 2011.
- He is also a marathon runner and regularly takes part in the Mumbai marathon on his prosthetic limbs.
Click here for more details
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
August 7, 2020