Mahesh Shrinivas Bhupathi
Born: 7 June 1974
- He is a retired Indian professional tennis player.
- In 1997, he became the first Indian to win a Grand Slam tournament (with Rika Hiraki).
- With his win at the Australian Open mixed doubles in 2006, he joined the elite group of eight tennis players who have achieved a career Grand Slam in mixed doubles.
- He is also the founder of International Premier Tennis League.
- In December 2016, he was appointed as India’s next non-playing Davis Cup captain and took over the reins from Anand Amritraj in February 2017.
- He is also a part of the Hon. Board of Advisors of IIMUN.
- He is known for his big serve. According to Nadal, his strong back hand makes him the best for an Ad Court player.
- He appeared with Paes in six season finales. In 2011, they appeared, for the first time since 2002, after securing qualification in mid-October.
click here for more details
(Visited 139 times, 1 visits today)
June 7, 2019