Born:15 May 1967
- She also known by her married name Madhuri Dixit Nene, is an Indian actress, producer, and television personality.
- One of the most popular and highest-paid Hindi film actresses in the late 1980s and 1990s.
- She has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills.
- She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including six Filmfare Awards.
- In 2008, the Government of India awarded her with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour of the country.
- After making her acting debut in the 1984 drama Abodh, Dixit had her first commercial success with the 1988 action romance Tezaab.
- In addition to acting in films, Dixit has been engaged in philanthropic activities.
- She has worked with UNICEF since 2014 to advocate the rights of children and prevent child labour.
- She was appointed the brand ambassador for the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, by the Government of India.
- She has participated in several concert tours and stage shows, hosted Sony TV’s Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai and featured as a talent judge for the dance reality shows Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, So You Think You Can Dance and Dance Deewane.
- She has been married to Shriram Nene since 1999, with whom she has two children.
- She has participated in several stage shows, concert tours and televised award ceremonies.
- Between July to August 2008, she, and actors Abhishek Bachchan, Amitabh Bachchan, Preity Zinta, Ritesh Deshmukh and Aishwarya Rai starred in the “Unforgettable World Tour” stage production in a 40-day show staged in 11 cities across North America, Europe and the Caribbean.
- In 2013, she joined the fourth installment of “Temptation Reloaded” where she performed with Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Jacqueline Fernandez and Meiyang Chang in Auckland, Perth, Sydney and Dubai; and in 2014 she performed in Malaysia with Khan, Mukerji and Arijit Singh.
- She also performed in SLAM! The Tour which was held in the US, Canada, and London.
click here for more details
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)
May 15, 2019