Born: 5 October 1930
Died: 1 April 1999
- He was an Indian author who is considered one of the foremost of modern Telugu short story writers.
- He is the winner of the Sahitya Akademi Award of 1993 and Katha prize for short stories for the years 1991 and 1993.
- In the span of over five decades, he wrote many short stories depicting the lives of middle-class or lower-middle-class people in the Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh.
- His collection of short stories include Madhurantakam Rajaram kathalu, Halikulu Kushalama, etc. and he has also tested other genre of writing such as plays.
- In its citation, Sahitya Akademi said that “Madhurantakam Rajaram Kathalu is recognized as a masterpiece of Indian short fiction in Telugu for its faithful delineation of the outer and inner life of the rustic folk, its proper employment of dialect, its total comprehension of social and existential reality and its directness and force of narration.”
Click here for more details
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)
October 5, 2019