Born: 16 July 1942
- He is a Gujarati playwright, novelist, and story writer.
- Born in Gujarat and educated at Calcutta, he started writing in the 1960s and became known for his stories and plays.
- His experience at the University of Hawaii introduced him to experimental writing and improvisations as writing aid, which later led to a movement against absurd theatre.
- He moved to the US in 1974 and has lived there since.
- He chiefly wrote novels, short stories, and plays.
- His plays were successful and have been adapted into several languages and media.
- He has adapted his novels into plays and some plays into novels.
- The most notable is Kimble Ravenswood, which was loosely adapted into a Hindi TV series, and a Hindi film, What’s Your Rashee?
Click here for more details
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)
July 16, 2020