Born: 10 February 1942
- She is an Indian actress.
- She was awarded the National Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in the Bengali film Dibratrir Kabya.
- She has acted in some of the most critically acclaimed films in Bengali cinema and considered one of the greatest actresses of Bengali cinema.
- In the early 1960s, she was recruited by Satyajit Ray to portray the role of Arati in the 1963 film Mahanagar (The Big City).
- Though she remained a big star in the Bengali commercial film industry, after Kapurush, she failed to reach such critical heights as her films with Ritwik Ghatak and Satyajit Ray again.
- Her major films after Kapurush include Calcutta 71 in 1972 by Mrinal Sen, Biraj Bou in 1972 by Manu Sen, Strir Patra in 1972 by Purnendu Patri, Ganadevata in 1978 by Tarun Majumdar, Bancharamer Bagan in 1980 by Tapan Sinha, Chokh in 1982, Chhandaneer in 1989 by Utpalendu Chakrabarty and Utsab in 2000 by Rituparno Ghosh.
Click here for more details
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)
February 10, 2020