Madan Mohan Kohli
Born: 25 June 1924
Died: 14 July 1975
- He better known as Madan Mohan, was a popular and unparalleled Indian music director of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
- He is considered one of the most melodious and skilled music directors of the Hindi film industry.
- He is particularly remembered for the immortal ghazals he composed for Hindi films.
- Some of his best works are with singers Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mahmood, Lata Mangeshkar, and Asha Bhosle.
- Madan Mohan: An Unforgettable Composer – Edited by V M Joshi & Suresh Rao, presents an analytical look at the composer’s work.
- It includes articles by Sanjeev Kohli, Akshay Kohli, O P Dutta, Uttam Singh, B R Ishara, Dr. Ashok Ranade, Alka Deo Marulkar, Mridula Joshi, Dr. Kirti Shrivastava, Deepak Jeswal and many more; interviews with Lata Mangeshkar, Shreya Ghoshal, Mahalaxmi Iyer, and Rehana Sultan, and Madan Mohan’s filmography.
- His music was characterized by his immense ability to meld elements of Indian classical music into a new style of Hindi filmi song.
- He had a keen and sensitive ear for the nuances of Indian classical tunes and combined them with elements of Western music such as harmonies to produce a style of music that could be appreciated by both classical music aficionados and the common person alike.
Click here for more details
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)
June 25, 2020