M. R. Ramakrishna Panikkar
Born: 22 March 1935
Died: 31 March 2008
- He popularly known as Kadammanitta Ramakrishnan or Kadammanitta, was an Indian poet.
- He was born in Kadammanitta province of Pathanamthitta district, Kerala.
- His childhood experiences, especially the Patayani songs, had a strong influence on his literary work.
- He had recited his fiery works at thousands of venues all over the state, besides editing a poetry journal Kerala Kavitha that attempted to take the essence of poetry from the academic cloisters to the realms of everyday life.
- A Communist, he was involved with the student federation as well as communist party during his college days.
- In 1992 he became the vice president of CPI-M’s cultural wing, Purogamana Kala Sahitya Sangham (Progressive Association for Art and Letters), and in 2002 its president.
- In 1996, he was elected to Kerala state legislative assembly from Aranmula constituency in Pathanamthitta district.
click here for more details
(Visited 165 times, 1 visits today)
March 22, 2019