Born: 6 May 1951
- She is a Bharatanatyam dancer, choreographer, instructor and writer from India.
- As a soloist she is known for her technical virtuosity and has taught Bharatanatyam at Shriram Bhartiya Kala Kendra in Delhi for many years.
- She was appointed as the director of Kalakshetra by the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance in April 2005.
- She was subsequently also appointed as the chairperson of the Sangeet Natak Akademi in August 2010 and as the chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) in April 2011.
- She resigned from her position as chairperson of the CBFC after th
- She resigned from her position as director of Kalakshetra in 2012.
- e Film Certification Appellate Tribunal overturned her attempt to ban the film MSG: The Messenger of God featuring Dera Sacha Sauda founder Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh in a lead role and gave it clearance.
- She made her film acting debut in 2015 through the Tamil film, OK Kanmani directed by Mani Ratnam.
- She reprised her role in the film’s Hindi remake, OK Jaanu (2017). She also appeared in Adithya Varma (2019).
click here for more details
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)
May 6, 2020