Kuppuswamy Anantha Padmanabhan
Born: 5 April 1945
- He is an Indian academician well known for his contributions in the field of Materials & Metallurgical Science and Engineering.
- In particular, he is well renowned for his contributions to Superplasticity.
- He is currently Professor of Eminence (Honorary), Anna University, Chennai; Member, Research and Innovation Advisory Board, TCS and a Research Advisor to TCS and Aditya Birla S&T Company.
- He is a former Director of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) and a former Dean, Academic Research, IIT Madras, India.
- In 1994, he became the first Indian to receive the “Forschungspreis” of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
- For his research contributions, the University of Cambridge, UK, conferred on him the highest academic degree ‘Sc.D’ (Doctor of Science) in 1998 and he is the first Indian engineer/ materials specialist to be conferred this honour.
- He also served as the Mercator Professor of DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft; German Research Foundation) at the Institute of Materials Physics, University of Münster, Germany.
- Several technologies developed by him and his students are used in Indian industries.
- He holds one European, one US and six Indian patents.
- He has been a consultant to Tata Motors, Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Indian Stainless Steel Development Association, Department of Atomic Energy, Indian Space Research Organization, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Tata Consultancy Services and Aditya Birla S&T Company.
click here for more details
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)
April 5, 2020