Born:4 April 1953
- He is an Indian tabla maestro and composer of Indian classical music.
- He belongs to the Benaras Gharana style of tabla playing.
- Having honed his skills under the tutelage of the legendary Pandit Kishan Maharaj, Pandit Bose rose to prominence with his flamboyant performances with Pandit Ravi Shankar.
- In addition to his musical abilities, he is also an awarded sportsman, a carrom champion, and fluently speaks four languages.
- In a career spanning more than four decades,Pandit Kumar Bose has established himself as one of the leading exponents of the tabla and an internationally recognised face in the world of Indian Classical Music.
- He received the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2007.
- A master percussionist, he plays several other drums besides the tabla which include the sri-khole, the pakhwaj, the dholak, the nal, and the banga-kanga.
- He plays the bass drum-like instrument with his right hand, although he plays the tabla with his left. Though he is right-handed, he picked up this practice by sitting across from and mirroring his father from early childhood.
- His duet with Semurani received acclaim at the 1974 International Seminar of Music in the Netherlands.
click here for more details
(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)
April 4, 2019