Krushna Chandra Gajapati
Born: 26 April 1892
Died: 25 May 1974
- He honorably known as Maharaja Sir Krushna Chandra Gajapati Narayana Dev KCIE, was a key personality and regarded as the architect of an Independent united Odisha State.
- He was a scion of the great Ganga Dynasty of Paralakhemundi, a Great Freedom Fighter, the first Prime Minister of Odisha and one of the founding fathers of the Indian Constitution, being a Member of the Constituent Assembly of India.
- The present-day Gajapati District of Odisha which was earlier a part of the historic Ganjam district was named after him.
- He was interested in Odia culture including its literature, art and music.
- He was also interested in sporting, in particular, horse-riding (in which sport he excelled).
- He was awarded honorary Doctorates by the Utkal University and the Berhampur University, and was appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of the Indian Empire (KCIE) in the 1946 New Year Honours.
- He was one of the founding fathers of the Indian Constitution, being a Member of the Constituent Assembly of India.
- His contribution to horse-racing and his encouragement for horse-breeding in India are notable.
click here for more details
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)
April 26, 2020