Born: 5 May 1977
- She is an international gold-medalist Indian discus thrower, 3 times Olympics participant, Padma Shri and Arjuna Award recipient, politician from Congress party and the current MLA from Sadulpur constituency in Rajasthan.
- She participated in 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games.
- In 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games, she won a gold medal.
- She has the current National Record for the longest discus throw of 64.76 meters.
- She won a bronze medal in 2006 Doha Asian Games.
- She threw her personal best at 61.53 metres in the second try and finished behind Aimin Sing of China (63.52) and Ma Xuenjun, also of China (62.43).
- She had won a gold medal in the 46th Open National athletics championships to nose ahead of favourites Seema Antil and Harwant Kaur while registering a career-best at 60.10 metres distance.
- She contested at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but failed to reach the finals, after finishing 10th in the qualifiers with a throw of 58.23.
- On 8 May 2012, she made a throw of 64.76 meters in Hawaii, US, which is the new national record. She also clinched the Bronze Medal in the Guangzhou Asian Games, 2010.
click here for more details
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)
May 5, 2020