Born:21 November 1920
Died:13 April 2017
- He was a professor at ETH Zurich.
- He was founding faculty member of School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
- He is known for his work in number theory and summability .
- He was given numerous awards including Padma Shri, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award, Ramanujan Medal, and honorary fellow of TIFR.
- He was president of the International Mathematical Union (IMU) from 1971 to 1974.
- In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)
November 21, 2018