Khaled Choudhury & MungaraYamini Krishnamurthy
Born:20 December 1919
Died:30 April 2014
- He was a theatre personality and artist of Bengal.
- He worked for various directors of both Bengali and Hindi plays, including Sombhu Mitra, Tripti Mitra, and Shyamanand Jalan in various capacities — creating the Stage, sets and costumes and later as Music Director.
- He has been awarded the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to theatre in India’s Republic Day Honours List on 26 January 2012.
- In 1945, he joined the Bharatiya Gananatya Sangha (Indian People’s Theatre Association).
- His contributions in the form of artistic talent in the fields of drawing, painting and music (both folk and western) enabled him to be involved in Shahider Daak, a shadow theatre in 1947.
Born: 20 December 1940
- She is an Indian dancer of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi styles of dancing.
- She debuted in 1957 in Madras.
- She has the honour of being Asthana Nartaki (resident dancer) of the TirumalaTirupati Devasthanam.
- Some critics have observed that her dancing reflects rhythm personified.
- She was also known as “torch bearer” of Kuchipudi form of dance.
- She released her autobiography, “A Passion For Dance”, a book well received by the readers.
- Her dancing career brought her many awards, including the Padma Shree (1968) Padma Bhushan (2001), and Padma Vibhushan (2016).
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)
December 20, 2018