Born:19 March 1928
Died:1 December 2015
- He a prolific Tamil writer and journalist.
- He was always interested in journalism, especially handwritten magazines in his school days.
- In his high school, he started publishing a magazine called Tamil Chudar which was acclaimed by Kalki Krishnamurthy, Rajaji and A.K. Gopal Chettiyar.
- He is known more for his novels, particularly historical novels, than for his short stories.
- He edited arguably the longest surviving Tamil literary magazine, Amudasurabhi, for well over five decades (1949–2002).
- He is perhaps the only Tamil writer who has tried his hand in almost every genre, in addition to novel and short story, drama, poetry, travelogue and essay.
- He has also written stories for children and books on history for the youth in simple Tamil.
- Although he has received many accolades including the Kalaimamani title from the Tamil Nadu Government and an award from Tamil University, Thanjavur, for his literary achievements, he has admittedly a grievance that he is known only as a novelist and journalist, and not as a short story writer among the Tamil readers.
click here for more details
(Visited 180 times, 1 visits today)
March 19, 2019