Born: 7 July 1973
- He is an Indian playback singer and music composer, he sang songs with a music style influenced by Indian folk music and Sufi music.
- He was inspired by the classical musician Pandit Kumar Gandharva, Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, and the Qawwali singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
- When he couldn’t find the right guru or a school, Kher started learning music by listening to it.
- He listened to Indian classical singers like Pandit Gokulotsav Ji Maharaj, Pandit Kumar Gandharv, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, and later even Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Lata Mangeshkar, and their contemporaries.
- He received the Padma Shri award in 2017 from the Indian government.
- He has also received two Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer: one for the Bollywood movie Fanaa (2006) and one for the Telugu film Mirchi (2013), along with several other nominations.
- With his powerful voice and his unique style of music, Kher has established himself as one of the most popular playback singers in India.
Click here for more details
(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)
July 7, 2020