K. Surendranatha Thilakan
Born: 15 July 1935
Died: 24 September 2012
- He was a veteran Indian film and stage actor who appeared in over 200 Malayalam films.
- Known for his realistic and spontaneous appearances, he is widely regarded as one of the greatest actors of Indian Cinema.
- He has won 3 National Film Awards and 9 Kerala State Film Awards.
- The Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri in 2009 for his contributions towards the arts.
- He died on 24 September 2012 at the age of 77.
- He holds the record of receiving the Kerala State Film Award for Second Best Actor the highest number of times (6 times), till date.
- He Thilakan began his career in cinema with a role in the P. J. Antony-directed Malayalam movie Periyar (1973).
- He then worked in Gandharvakshetram and Ulkadal (1979).
- His first role as a lead character was as Kallu Varkey, a drunkard in Kolangal (1981).
- He was awarded his first Kerala State Film Awards in 1982 for his role in Yavanika.
Click here for more details
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
July 15, 2020