Born:28 May 1948
- He is a noted Indian poet and critic, writing in Malayalam and English.
- A pioneer of modern poetry in Malayalam, a ilingual literary critic, playwright, editor, columnist and translator.
- He is the former Editor of Indian Literature journal and the former Secretary of Sahitya Akademi.
- He is also a public intellectual of repute upholding secular anti-caste views, supporting causes like environment, human rights and free software and is a well known speaker on issues concerning contemporary Indian literature.
- He is the festival director of Kerala Literature Festival.
- He is a National Fellow at the Institute of Advanced Study, Simla.
- He co-edits two on-line journals, Guftugu and 1 Over the 8th.
- His poems appeared in many prestigious poetry anthologies like Anthology of Contemporary Indian Poetry,The Dance of the Peacock.
- He worked from 1996 to 2006, as the Secretary of Sahitya Akademi.
- He returned to teaching after retiring from Sahitya Akademi, and worked as Director and Professor of the School of Translation Studies and Training at the Indira Gandhi National Open University in New Delhi until 2011.
- He is married, and has two daughters.
click here for more details
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)
May 28, 2019