K. S. Narayanaswamy
Born:27 September 1914
- He was a Carnatic veena exponent of the Thanjavur style, in which nuances and subtleties are given more importance over rhythm based acrobatics.
- He was awarded the Madras Music Academy’s Sangeetha Kalanidhi in 1979.
- He succeeded Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer as the principal of the Academy and retired in 1970.
- He was a recipient of many awards including the State Award of Kerala in 1962 and that of Tamil Nadu in 1968.
- The National Award of Central Sangeet Natak Akademi in 1968.
- The Padma Bhushan from the Government of India in 1977 and the Swathi Ratna in 1999.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)
September 27, 2018