Born: 2 December 1913
Died: 19 October 2013
- He also fondly called Raghavan Master, was a Malayalam music composer.
- Along with G. Devarajan, V. Dakshinamoorthy and Baburaj, he was often credited for the renaissance of Malayalam film music.
- He was the pioneer in contributing Malayalam film songs with its own tunes and styles.
- Till then, Malayalam film songs were in the tunes of popular Hindi and Tamil film songs and old classical kritis.
- He gave a new direction and identity to Malayalam film music.
- He composed around 400 songs in Malayalam cinema and was active in the Malayalam film industry for nearly four decades.
- He set a new trend in Malayalam film music with the release of the 1954 movie Neelakuyil.
- Renowned lyricist and his friend P. Bhaskaran had penned the songs in Neelakkuyil.
- He himself has rendered his voice for one of the songs in Neelakkuyil.
- The song Kayalarikathu valayerinjappol went on to become an instant hit.
Click here for more details
(Visited 75 times, 1 visits today)
December 2, 2019