K. P. Parameswaran
Born: 17 July 1969
- He is a professional mridangam artiste (AIR ‘A’ Grade Artiste).
- He is a prime disciple of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr.T.K.Murthy.
- He has performed all over India and abroad with various stalwarts of Carnatic Music.
- He is a torchbearer of the Thanjavur style of mridangam playing.
- He successfully completed Ganabhushanam Course under Sri Parassala Ravi in Palakkad Music College.
- While under the guidance of Dr. T.K.Murthy, he played many double mridangam concerts and mridangam demonstrations with his teacher and adopted the same style as his guru in both accompanying for the songs and in the solo performances.
- During that time, he was awarded the central government scholarship for his prodigious and meritorious talent in mridangam and for training under Dr. T.K. Murthy.
- He has also played in the commercially released CD named 35 Thalas, 72 Mela Kartha Thalas & 108 Thalas, produced by his Guru, Dr. T.K. Murthy. He has accompanied many stalwarts during his illustrious career.
Click here for more details
(Visited 20 times, 2 visits today)
July 17, 2020