K. G. Ramanathan
Kollagunta Gopalaiyer Ramanathan
Born: 13 November 1920
Died: 10 May 1992
- He was an Indian mathematician known for his work in number theory.
- His contributions are also to the general development of mathematical research and teaching in India.
- At TIFR, he built up the number theory group of young mathematicians from India. For several years, he took interest to study Ramanujan’s unpublished and published work.
- He was an Editorial board member of Acta Arithmetica for over 30 years.
- He received many awards Padma Bhushan, 1983, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award, 1965.
(Visited 383 times, 1 visits today)
November 13, 2018