Jyeshtharaj Bhalchandra Joshi
Born: 28 May 1949
- He is an Indian chemical engineer, nuclear scientist, consultant and teacher, widely known for his innovations in nuclear reactor designs and generally regarded as a respected teacher.
- He is the DAE-Homi Bhabha Chair Professor, Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai, and is the recipient of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Engineering Sciences and many other awards and recognitions.
- He received the third highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, in 2014 for his services to the field of chemical engineering and nuclear science.
- He started his career, in 1972, as joining the faculty of the erstwhile University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT), presently the Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai.
- He worked there for the most part of his career, in various positions and retired as its Director in 2009.
- After that he joined as a Homi Bhabha Chair Professor in Homi Bhabha National Institute, Department of Atomic Energy, Mumbai.
- Presently, he is working as emeritus professor in Department of Atomic Energy, Mumbai.
Click here for more details
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)
May 28, 2020