Born: 17 February 1899
Died: 22 October 1954
- He was a Bengali poet, writer, novelist and essayist.
- He Popularly called “Rupashi Banglar Kabi” (Poet of Beautiful Bengal).
- He is probably the most read poet after Rabindranath Tagore and Nazrul Islam in Bangladesh and West Bengal.
- While not particularly recognised initially, today He is acknowledged as one of the greatest poets in the Bengali language.
- He wrote profusely, but as he was a recluse and introvert, he did not publish most of his writings during his lifetime.
- During his lifetime, only seven volumes of his poems were published.
- After his death, it was discovered that apart from poems, Das wrote 21 novels and 108 short stories.
click here for more details
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)
February 17, 2019