Born: 21 March 1891
Died: 2 June 1984
- She was a member of the Bene Israel Jewish community.
- She was the first woman to be granted a scholarship by the Indian government to study abroad.
- She was medical officer-in-charge of Cama Hospital in Mumbai.
- She was also a pioneer of Progressive Judaism; after attending mixed-gender prayers at the Jewish Religious Union,
- she returned to Mumbai and founded a JRU-affiliated congregation among the Bene Israel with her sister Leah in 1925.
- In 1966, she was awarded the Padma Shri.
- The Venusian crater was named after her.
Click here for more details
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)
March 21, 2020