Jeremy Lalrinnunga Wins Gold in CWG 2022
Jeremy Lalrinnunga Wins Gold medal in weightlifting 2022 Commonwealth Games, Birmingham.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga is an Indian weightlifter from Aizawl,
- He won gold in the 2022 Commonwealth Games, in the 67 kg category, with a game record lift of 140kg in snatch and 160 kg in clean and jerk.
- He represented India in the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires. He won the gold medal in the Boys’ 62 kg category weightlifting with a lift of 274 kg (124 kg in snatch and 150 kg in clean and jerk).
- He is the first Indian to win a gold medal at the Youth Olympics in 2018.
- He won silver medal in Asian weightlifting championship 2016.
- At the 2019 World Weightlifting Championships, Lalrinnunga finished at 21st rank at the Men’s 67 kg event
- He comes from a sporting family as his father was a boxer at the national level and was a junior national champion
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)
August 8, 2022