Born: 7 April 1942
- He is an Indian actor, TV and film producer as chairman of the Balaji Telefilms, Balaji Motion Pictures and ALT Entertainment.
- Famous for his dancing, he was awarded a Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003 and the Screen Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006.
- He had done more than 80 remakes of various South Indian films especially of Telugu language. During his long film career he gave 121 hits from 1960s.
- He has acted in nearly 200 films as the main lead, a feat matched by just a handful of his peers since the inception of Hindi cinema.
- He was frequently paired with Sridevi or Jaya Prada for remakes of Telugu films by Rama Rao Tatineni, K. Bapayya and K. Raghavendra Rao; these included Sanjog, Aulad, Majaal, Justice Chaudhury, Mawaali (1983), Himmatwala (1983), Jaani Dushman (1979) and Tohfa (1984).
- He also acted in many remakes in Hindi of Krishna’s Telugu movies and had very close association with him.
- Besides these south Indian remakes, there was a subdued side of him whenever he’d worked with the writer/lyricist Gulzar in films such as Parichay, Kinara and Khushboo that had several beautifully penned songs such as “O Majhi Re”, “Musafir Hoon Yaaron” and “Naam Gum Jaayega”, composed by Rahul Dev Burman and sung by Kishore Kumar.
- Beside his frequent pairings with Sridevi and Jaya Prada during the ’80s, Jeetendra’s popular co-stars were Reena Roy, Neetu Singh, Hema Malini, Sulakshana Pandit, Bindiya Goswami, Moushumi Chatterjee and Rekha.
click here for more details
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)
April 7, 2020