Born: 21 February 1942
Died: 29 August 2008
- She was a noted Marathi and Hindi movie actress and a star of Marathi cinema from the 1950s up to the 1980s.
- She began her career as a child dance artist.
- She entered films as a tamasha dancer in movies.
- Her first role was that of a group dancer in V. Shantaram’s Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baaje in 1955, which featured Sandhya as the leading lady.
- Later, well known Marathi film Director Dinkar D Patil cast her in a small role with dance in his Marathi film Disat Tasa Nasat, opposite Raja Gosavi.
- This was followed by Sangtye Aika, a tamasha-based movie which was the first in which she played a leading role.
- This helped her gain fame and recognition and she started doing heroine roles.
- She eventually became one of the most successful and prolific heroines in the history of the Marathi film industry.
Click here for more details
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)
February 21, 2020