Inivalappil Mani Vijayan
Born: 25 April 1969
- He, popularly known as Kalo Harin (Black Buck), is a former professional Indian football player.
- Playing in the striker position, he formed a successful attacking partnership with Bhaichung Bhutia for the Indian national team in the late nineties and early 2000s.
- He was crowned Indian Player of the Year in 1993, 1997 and 1999, the first player to win the award multiple times.
- He was also awarded the Arjuna award in 2003.
- A biographical film, titled Kalo Hiran and directed by Cherian Joseph, was released in 1998.
- The title translates as black buck and is a reference to Vijayan’s popular nickname during his playing days.
- After retiring from football, he started his acting career.
- His debut was through playing the lead role in the film Shantham, directed by Jayaraj.
- Later on, he went to act more than 20 films, in Malayalam & Tamil.
click here for more details
(Visited 92 times, 1 visits today)
April 25, 2020