Born: 16 December 1986
- She is an Indian singer known for her Bollywood Hindi, Punjabi, and Sufi songs.
- She is popularly known as “Sufi Ki Sultana” because of her soulful Sufi renditions.
- After winning titles in two reality shows, she established herself as a lead singer in Bollywood soundtracks.
- She was sixteen years old when she released her first Bollywood song, “Sajna Mai Haari.”
- She has recorded songs for film music in multiple Indian languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, and Bengali, and has established herself as a leading playback singer of Indian cinema.
- She has worked with leading music directors (including A R Rahman, Pritam Chakraborty, Vishal-Shekhar, Salim Sulaiman, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Amit Trivedi, Shantanu Moitra, Tanishk Bagchi, Himesh Reshammiya, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Sohail Sen.
- She’s one of the very few Indian singers to have sung for a Hollywood film.
- Her track R.I.P., composed by AR Rahman, was a part of Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle’s film 127 Hours.
- Some of her popular songs include Katiya Karun from Rockstar; Heer from Jab Tak Hai Jaan; Ik Onkar from Rang De Basanti; Zaalima from Raees; Nachde Ne Saare from Baar Baar Dekho; Bari Barsi from Band Baaja Baaraat; Kabira from Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani; Jugni ji from Cocktail; and Twist Kamariya from Bareilly ki Barfi.
- In 2019, she received the IIFA Award for Best Female Playback Singer award at the 20th IIFA Awards for the song Dilbaro from the film Raazi.
Click here for more details
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)
December 16, 2019