Born: 8 March 1989
- She is an Indian cricketer.
- She plays as an all-rounder for the Indian women’s cricket team and was awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award for Cricket in the year 2017 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- In November 2018, she became the first woman for India to score a century in a Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20I) match.
- In October 2019, during the series against South Africa, she became the first cricketer for India, male or female, to play in 100 international Twenty20 matches.
- She made her ODI debut at age of 20 against arch-rivals Pakistan women’s in March 2009 in the 2009 Women’s Cricket World Cup played at Bradman Oval, Bowral.
- In the match, she bowled 4 overs conceding 10 runs and also caught Armaan Khan off Amita Sharma.
- In October 2018, she was named as the captain of India’s squad for the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies.
- Ahead of the tournament, she was named as one of the players to watch.
- In the opening match of the tournament, against New Zealand, she became the first woman for India to score a century in WT20Is, when she made 103 runs from 51 balls.
- She was the leading run-scorer for India in the tournament, with 183 runs in five matches.
- In November 2018, she was named in Sydney Thunder’s squad for the 2018–19 Women’s Big Bash League season.
- In January 2020, she was named as the captain of India’s squad for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Australia.
Click here for more details
(Visited 91 times, 1 visits today)
March 8, 2020