Harivansh Rai Srivastava
Born:27 November 1907
Died:18 January 2003
- He known by his pet name Bachchan, was an Indian poet of the Nayi Kavita literary movement (romantic upsurge) of early 20th century Hindi literature.
- He was also a poet of the Hindi Kavi Sammelan.
- He is best known for his early work Madhushala (मधुशाला).
- He received the Padma Bhushan in 1976 for his service to Hindi literature.
- He was also honoured with the Saraswati Samman for his four volume autobiography, Kya Bhooloon Kya Yaad Karoon, Needa Ka Nirman Phir, Basere Se Door and Dashdwar se Sopan Tak.
- Bachchan used to introduce himself like this
“Mitti ka tan, masti ka man, kshan-bhar jivan– mera parichay.
(मिट्टी का तन, मस्ती का मन, क्षण भर जीवन, मेरा परिचय)
(A body of clay, a mind full of play, a life of a moment – that’s me)”
(Visited 120 times, 1 visits today)
November 27, 2018