Harishchandra Madhavrao Birajdar
Born: 5 June 1950
Died: 14 September 2011
- He was a wrestler and wrestling coach from India.
- He was a Gold Medallist in the 1970 British Commonwealth Games.
- He was also known as the coach of National Games winners.
- He had defeated well-known wrestler Satpal in a 1977 bout, which brought him into limelight.
- He worked as coach in Gokul Vastad Talim in Pune.
- He was awarded the Dhyanchand award in 2006 by the Indian Government.
- Earlier in 1971 he has been awarded the Shivchhatrapati award and then the Dadoji Konddev award for coaching in 1998.
- Even after having been honoured with so many awards and recognitions, he was a humble human being,” said Ganpatrao Khedkar, under whose tutelage Birajdar wrestled from 1965 to 1998.
click here for more details
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)
June 5, 2019