Born: 22 August 1924
Died: 10 August 1995
- He was a Hindi writer.
- He was a noted satirist and humorist of modern Hindi literature and is known for his simple and direct style.
- He wrote vyangya (satire).
- He was born in Jamani village near Itarsi in Hoshangabad district, Madhya Pradesh.
- He completed his M.A. in Hindi from R.T.M. Nagpur University.
- After pursuing writing along with his service for some time, he quit his job and took writing as a full-time career.
- He settled in Jabalpur (M.P) and started a literature magazine called Vasudha.
- Despite it being highly praised, he had to stop the magazine after the publication suffered economic losses.
- He died on 15 August 1995 in Jabalpur.
- According to The Hindu, by the time of his death, he had revolutionized the art of satire writing in Hindi.
Click here for more details
(Visited 152 times, 1 visits today)
August 22, 2020