Born: 3 April 1955
- He is an Indian playback and ghazal singer, whose songs have been featured mainly in Tamil and Hindi.
- Also he sang notable songs in Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and Bhojpuri films.
- He is an established ghazal singer and one of the pioneers of Indian fusion music.
- In 2004, he was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India and is a two-time National Award winner.
- He associating with Lesle Lewis, formed Colonial Cousins, a two-member band.
- They have cut many private music albums and also scored music for few feature films in Tamil cinema and Bollywood cinema.
- He collaborated with Sarangan Sriranganathan for “Sruthi” at the Sydney Hill Centre and the Melbourne Robert Blackwood Hall Australia in 2011.
- He unofficially released ghazal singer Adithya Srinivasan’s first international single ‘Gham e Duniya’ at the Gateway Hotel, Bangalore.
- In an interview in 2012, he said that he was no longer receiving offers to sing for Bollywood as music composers wanted to experiment with singers from the younger generation.
- He was selected as judge for Asianet Star Singer Season 6 programme, a very popular music contest television show for upcoming singers in Malayalam.
- He was a part of the ‘Royal Stag Barrel Select MTV Unplugged’, aired in December 2015.
click here for more details
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)
April 3, 2020