Hari Om Sharan
Born: 26 September 1932
Died: 17 December 2007
- He was a Hindu devotional singer and lyricist.
- He devoted most of his career in singing devotional songs in praise of Sita, Rama, and Hanuman.
- As a Bhajan singer in the 1970s, he recorded albums such as Premanjali Pushpanjai and Data Ek Ram.
- His bhajan namely ‘Tera Ram ji Karenge Beda Paar’, ‘Maili Chadar Odhke Kaise’, ‘Aarti Kunj Bihari ki’, ‘Aisa Pyar Bahaa De Maiyya’, ‘Shree Radhey Govinda’, ‘Hanuman Chalisa’, ‘Govind Jai Jai Gopal Jai Jai’ are very popular amongst devotees around the world.
- During his devotional recordings spanning over 35 years, he released over 20 Bhajan albums.
- He became a professional singer in 1973, singing his first album for HMV. During a trip to Guyana, he met Nandini, whom he later married, and settled down in India.
- He appeared briefly in an English film, Holy Smoke! (1999), as a singer.
Click here for more details
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)
September 26, 2019