Hara Prasad Shastri
Born: 6 December 1853
Died: 17 November 1931
- He also known as Hara Prasad Bhattacharya, was an Indian academic, Sanskrit scholar, archivist, and historian of Bengali literature.
- He is most known for discovering the Charyapada, the earliest known examples of Bengali literature.
- He held numerous positions.
- He became a professor at the Sanskrit College in 1883.
- At the same time, he worked as an Assistant Translator with the Bengal government.
- Between 1886 and 1894, besides teaching at the Sanskrit College, he was the Librarian of the Bengal Library.
- In 1895 he headed the Sanskrit department at Presidency College.
- He became Principal of Sanskrit College in 1900, leaving in 1908 to join the government’s Bureau of Information.
- Also, from 1921–1924, he was Professor and Head of the Department of Bengali and Sanskrit at Dhaka University.
Click here for more details
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)
December 6, 2019