Guru Mani Madhava Chakyar
Born: 15 February 1899
Died: 14 January 1990
- He was a celebrated master performance artist and Sanskrit scholar from Kerala, India.
- He was considered to be the greatest Chakyar Koothu and Koodiyattam (ancient Sanskrit drama theatre tradition) artist and authority of modern times.
- He was considered as the authority of Abhinaya (the classical Indian acting style) and Nātyaśāstra.
- He Known as “the Emperor of Rasa-Abhinaya”.
- He had an exceptional ability to perform Rasa-Abhinaya.
- His Netrābhinaya was world-famous and he had the ability to act only with eyes.
- He was well versed in all the traditional Koodiyattams and all the prabandhasused in Chakyar Koothu.
- He was able to explain the concepts, methods and practices of Koodiyattam and Chakyar Koothu in a clear and authentic way.
- He had an in depth study of Nātyaśāstra of Bharata Muni, as well as ways of acting which were popular in Kerala.
click here for more details
(Visited 112 times, 1 visits today)
February 15, 2019