Born: 11 February 1936
- He is a former field hockey player from India who was a member of the India national field hockey team that won the gold medal at the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- He was the Joint Captain at the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games where India won Bronze Medal and the Coach to the Indian team at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games.
- For his outstanding contribution to the country in the field of sports, Gurbux was given the Arjuna Award in the year 1966.
- He was conferred with the Arjuna Award after the Indian team`s victory at the 1966 Asian Games.
- In 2013, he received the ‘Banga Bibhushan’, a title instituted by the West Bengal government to honour distinguished achievements in various fields.
- He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of sports by M.K Narayan, the Governor of West Bengal, in the year 2013.
- He is one of India`s most dedicated hockey players, having served the game for over 50 years in various capacities, and is credited for doing much to better the state of Indian hockey, establishing him as a true luminary in Indian Hockey.
- He was one of the best players in the field of hockey.
Click here for more details
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)
February 11, 2020