Gopalaswamy Doraiswamy Naidu
Born: 23 March 1893
Died: 4 January 1974
- He was an Indian inventor and engineer who is also referred to as the Edison of India.
- He is credited with the manufacture of the first electric motor in India.
- His contributions were primarily industrial but also span the fields of electrical, mechanical, agricultural (Hybrid cultivation) and automobile engineering.
- He also developed independently internal combustion four stroke engine.
- He had only primary education but excelled as a versatile genius. One of his hobbies was to travel by train to nearby cities.
- He is also referred to as “the wealth creator of Coimbatore”.
- In 1944, he retired from active involvement with his automobile combine and announced several philanthropic measures including grants for research scholarships and welfare schemes for his employees and the depressed sections of society.
- In 1967, the G D Naidu Industrial Exhibition was established.
click here for more details
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)
March 23, 2019