Geetha Narayanan Gopal
Born: 29 March 1989
- He is an Indian Chess Grand Master from Cochin, Kerala.
- He became Kerala’s first Grand Master in 2007 at the age of 18 and the sixteenth Grand Master of the country.
- Like World Champion Viswanathan Anand’s phenomena in the country, his effect has popularized chess in Kerala.
- He won the bronze medal in the prestigious 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou,China in November 2010.
- He also won the bronze medal in the World Team Championship held in Bursa,Turkey in January 2010.
- According to the leading national daily, The Hindu- Gopal’s achievement is unique since he became a Grand Master within just eight years of taking up the game.
- He started chess at the age of 10.
- He won his first National Championship in Chandigarh in 2001.
- He became the National Junior champion (U-20) at the age of 15 in 2004.
- He won his first international championship in his first international exposure in 2003 in Dubai Juniors, Dubai.
click here for more details
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
March 29, 2020