Born:23 November 1930
Died:20 July 1972
- She was a prominent Indian playback singer and a famous bengali-hindi classical artist, born in Faridpur before the Partition of India.
- She found particular prominence as a playback singer in Hindi cinema. She also sang many modern Bengali songs, both in film and non-film genre.
- In 1946, she got the first break with an opportunity to sing in the mythological film Bhakta Prahlad for which Prasad was the music director.
- She is supposed to have sung over 1200 songs in Hindi films.
- In addition, she has sung songs in many Indian regional languages including Marathi, Bengali, Maithili, Bhojpuri and Punjabi. She has sung in Nepali evergreen movie Maitighar.
- A postage stamp, bearing her face, was released by India Post to honour her on 3 May 2013.
(Visited 100 times, 1 visits today)
November 23, 2018