Born:17 August 1956
- He is an Indian scientist by profession, and a leading Urdu poet, social activist and documentary filmmaker working to popularize the understanding of science among the general public, known for his films like Jung-e-Azadi, on India’s First War of Independence, and Inqilab (2008) on Bhagat Singh.
- He was also the honorary director of Jahangirabad Media Institute.
- In 1979 he joined Eicher Goodearth Ltd., a multinational company as an electrical engineer and worked there for 3 years.
- Solved a few major design problems that the company was facing and within a short span of time, he rose to Executive-Engineer level.
- In 1982 he joined National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS) as a scientist and still continues there.
- His poetry collection Jazbon Ki Lau Tez Karon has been noticed for the frankness of tone and for the social concerns that they take up and treat sensitively.
- In his most famous poem “Main Chahta hoon”(I like to), he express his helplessness to write a romantic poem in the days of darkness.
- He also wrote lyrics for a Hindi film Say Salaam India released in 2007.
Click here for more details
(Visited 131 times, 1 visits today)
August 17, 2019