Born: 16 May 1955
- He an Indian master handloom designer, who is widely recognised in the handloom industry for his innovations and developments of Tie and Dye handloom products along with Telia Rumal technique of weaving based on Ikat tie-dye process.
- He received Padma Shri from Government of India under Art category in 2013.
- He is known for his excellence in traditional handloom design works, such as Puttapaka Sarees in Tie and dye skill, that is the traditional art of designing on paper and then transferring it on to cloth.
- His dedication to the Handloom Industry has kept the Indian tradition of weaving alive, brought livelihood to the weavers and gave exclusive/unique designed handloom products to the people in India.
- He is the recipient of numerous certificates and awards.
- He received several Appreciation Certificates by a few important personnel hailing from Loksabha/Rajyasabha/Vidhaan Sabha/Vidhana Parishath and some other higher officials.
- He received Appreciation Certificate by Surajkund Crafts Mela, Haryana and also a Certificate for his participation in the special exhibition for celebration of golden jubilee of Indian Independence held at Dilli Haat in 1997.
- He received National Award for his best Craftmanship in Teliya Rumal saree in 1987.
- He received Sant Kabir for his contribution to the Handloom Industry in the year 2010.
click here for more details
(Visited 209 times, 1 visits today)
May 16, 2020